Project Senegal: Surfers for Clean Drinking Water

© Mourad Ben Addy
My friend Mourad is an extraordinary person. Coming from a humble background he now strives to give others a better life. Last january he started the first surf competition in Taghazout for local children.
I'm sad to say many of the big surf camps there made very meagre donations, while they do sponsor surf competitions abroad. Guess it makes them more money in the form of paying guests... Anyway, Mourad is on a new mission. This time he wants to bring clean water to the people he will meet on a roadtrip to Senegal!

Mourad says:

 My name is Mourad Ben Addy from Morocco, and I am taking on the project of a lifetime. The goal is to drive from Taghazout, Morocco (my village) to Senegal by van and install water filters in communities who do not have access to safe drinking water on the way. I was planning to do this last year, but it didn’t work out because of the corporate interest involved. So I realized that I wanted to do this on a more individual level, where the communities and their people are the main focus of the project. For this to happen I need YOUR help.

Of course we want to help Mourad on his way; you can help him by donating on his 



No comments

Post a Comment

© Liskov | Surf, Yoga, Art, Food, More...
Maira Gall