Shopping tip: Krissea shop

© Barnacle Socks & KrisSea shop
Everybody knows I absolutely hate shopping. I don't need a lot of stuff and I'm always looking into ways to get rid of clutter and things I don't need. Before Marie Kondo even wrote her book I was already asking myself if I took a like to a specific product: "Is it a WANT, or a NEED"?. Usually the thing I was looking at fell in the last category and so I managed to keep my load of 'stuff' on the low side.

Because I generally don't like going into shops, the internet is a great source if I want to buy something every once in a while. Things I do like to buy are usually well made, organic clothes, but only if I need something, which doesn't happen too often as I get sent stuff regularly too. Another soft spot I have is surf gear. There's always a reason to convince yourself you really need another leash, board bag, or that cute wetsuit. Usually these are WANTS, rather then needs and I can keep myself in check.

© Laura Hoole & KrisSea Shop
Not too long ago I found myself in NEED of a surfboard sock. With the weather picking up and the surf lessons starting again, my weekly commute to the beach by train has started again and I needed something to protect my board. And then I found out about the KrisSea shop. Based in the UK, it's a lovely online Boutique that features hand crafted, eco-friendly products. Now this is something that I love. Besides this, they support and develop small businesses in the UK. Sounds like the ideal shop right? And they sell hand crafted board socks from the Cornwall based brand 'Barnacle Socks'.  I think I will be going for the "Be a shredder", because the size is right, but the name absolutely fits my abilities ;)! The board socks look amazing and I am happy to sponsor a local business. Take a look at the shop, I absolutely love the jewelry too, but I think I should consider that as a WANT for now...

What do you guys think about shopping from small and independent, eco-friendly businesses? And do you have tips? Leave a comment!



No comments

Post a Comment

© Liskov | Surf, Yoga, Art, Food, More...
Maira Gall